What is Mobility/Paratransit?
Mobility/Paratransit programs are "orgin to destination" services for people with disabilities who are not able to ride fixed-route public transportation. If you are registered with one area/city's paratransit system you are eligible to use paratransit in all other cities throughout Maryland and the U.S. You must pre-register with each system you wish to use. Click here for to visit the Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) website for more information on Mobility/Paratransit Services.
How can I participate?
- To participate in the Mobility/Paratransit program you need to complete an application and submit it to the MTA.
- Click the following link to complete the Online MTA Application: Maryland Paratransit Application
- Obtain Certification applications from and mail completed forms to:
Maryland Transit Administration
4201 Patterson Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21215
TTY 410-333-2051 (Certification)
TTY 410-539-3497 (Information Services)
Need help planning a ride?
- Customers who are not familiar with the transit system may call for assistance in planning trips. An Information Coordinator can help you with planning a trip including the specific bus or train, transfer requirements, fare amount, and calculate the bus or train arrival time at your stop. They are available Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.
- The Maryland Transit Authority (MTA) Information Center provides information regarding transit routes, schedules, and fares. The information center telephone number is 1-866-RIDE-MTA (743-3682), 410-539-5000 or TTY at 410-539-3497. Their interactive phone system provides information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Maryland Transportation Authority (MTA) Website
The Maryland Transit Authority (MTA) website provides information to assist you with various transportation issues. Click on the following links for more information on reserving a ride, operating hours, telephone numbers, and more on the Maryland Transportation Authority (MTA) website.
Still need more information:
Contact a Constituent Service Coordinator at the Maryland Department of Disabilities: Transportation Coordinator: Nan Brittingham
Back To Top